7.26.2011

Spices, Spices & More Spices!


Today I found tons of spices in the clearance section at Safeway.  They had some on the shelves as well as 3 or 4 crates full.  As for as I could tell they all have expiration dates that are several years out so you should be good to stock up.  Also, most of them were the higher end spices so even at 50% off you had to know it's a better deal than the Safeway brand.

Here is what I ended up with (prices listed are the final sale price):
M&B Pure Vanilla for $8.45 (regular $16.95!!)
M&B Rosemary for $3.30
Red Chili Flakes for $3.60 (really...I just liked the jar but could have done better I think on price)
Cayenne Pepper for $3.50

I also saw Thyme, Oregano, Basil & Cumin but thought I could do better with those basics at the Dollar store or Walgreens.  There were also many other spices, some of which I have never even heard of.  There were also a lot of vanilla beans but I very rarely use them.

There ya have it now go get your spice on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment