5.15.2011

Better Than Expected at Walgreens!

I made the trip into Walgreens this morning and got some great deals.  Here is one I wasn't expecting:

I did the 3 Gillette Body Wash deal with Gillette Deodorant plus coupons as they have listed on KKL and Frugal Living NW:

Buy 3 Gillette Body Wash (& 3 Gillette Deodorant) $10.00
(3) $2.00 Gillette Body Wash Coupons 5/15 RP
(3) Buy One Gillette Body Wash Get One Gillette Deodorant Free 5/1 P&G
Price: $4.00 plus 1000 points ($2.50)

The bonus today was the Gillette products were on a double promo of Buy One Get One 50% off.  So I got an additional $1.67 off for the body wash and an additional $2.50 off for the deodorant. 

Total Out of Pocket for this Transaction:  $.17 Money Maker PLUS 1000 points ($2.50)

I love these kinds of surprises from Walgreens!  Not the kind where things don't add up at the register.  Watch those scotch tape coupons.  Mine didn't ring up today so I had to get cash back!!

8 comments:

  1. Just to verify: one will get the 1000 points for buying 3, no matter how little one pays?

    Came over here from FLNW.

    Caro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will try this later today :)
    Looking forward to more Molalla deals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this yesterday.....I think $0.52 overage was applied to the rest of my purchase.

    I bought 6 body wash, 6 gillete deodorants, plus 1 dove deodorant.
    Total came to $2.47.....plus I got back $3 RR for the dove :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This didn't work for me. The manager said that she had to adjust the price down on the deodorant coupon to the bogo 50% off price:( so I ended up paying the $4 out of pocket....I really hope the 1000 bonus point get applied to my account!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if Walgreens figured out they have a double promotion going on and that is their way of fixing it? I'll keep checking my point summary and get back to you asap. In my case I would actually feel a little bad if they gave me the points but in your case, I hope you get them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did this at Walgreens and got overage. I bought in even numbers though.......because the deodorant is on sale for buy 1 get 1 50% off.
    If you only bought 3.....then you paid for the 3rd one and only got the 2nd one at 50% off.

    Yesterday I bought 4 body wash and 4 deodorants.

    For the buy 1 bodywash and get 1 deodorant free....they deduct the $4.49 price(I think that's what it rang up as) on all of them...even the ones that ended up being 50% off...that's why it came out so cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm curious about the points. So, you get points instead of RR? Is that just in your area?

    ReplyDelete
  8. We (Willamette Valley) are in the Portland Test Market for Walgreens so we get a different deal than the majority. We still get RR on some products but we generally get points instead.

    From what I have read, there are several test markets across the country so it depends on your location. Most of the country does get RR instead of the points.

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete