5.31.2011

This One's For Molly...

Since I know Miss Molly is a Rite Aid shopper as well as a Molalla shopper I thought I'll throw this out there.  There is a possible policy change at Rite Aid (this is the part for Molly, not the latter, haha).

I was reading through Rite Aid's comment section on a coupon site and came across an interesting post.  This poor gal went to Rite Aid, saw a peelie on a product she was buying and peeled it off to use at the register.  When she got to the register the cashier didn't want to accept her peelie.  Apparently some Rite Aid Stores won't accept peelie coupons unless they are on the product when the cashier rings it up.  Okay, this is ridiculous since she obviously took it off the product while in the store being that there was the blank white spot where the peelie used to be.  This is also ridiculous being that I currently have a Right Guard peelie in my coupon binder that came off a product I bought at Walgreens but didn't use because I had a better coupon for it.  It's also ridiculous because I'll never remember to pull that darn thing off once I'm already at the register and will no doubt not get my money off.

Unfortunately there are more and more people playing the "coupon game" these days and not all play fair.  Sad but true.  The more honest we play the more deals will be available to us.  I think we all have noticed the coupon pinch in the last month or so.  It's interesting to me because I can honestly say I play as fair as I possible can.  Yes, once in a while I'll double a coupon that says DND but it's not until I get home and someone has posted on a site that it's a DND and I secretly feel happy I didnt' know that before I went to the store.  I'll call that an honest mistake.  But things like clearing out the first aid kits that were free (seriously, who needs 8 first aid kits anyway?) and taking all the peelies off product you aren't buying are nothing but poor couponing etiquette.  Luckily for us, I don't see as much of this here.  Thanks for playing fair Molalla!  Let's keep our local Safeway happy with us couponers!

4 comments:

  1. :0)
    Yup, love my Riteaid <3......even with the new coupon policy.

    I actually have never used a peelie before....I always had a better coupon for the item I was buying.
    So far I have had awesome customer service at Riteaid. There have been times were I was undercharged big time and I came back to the store to correct it.
    1) because it was eating me up inside.
    2) I don't want my store to lose money
    3) I didn't want the cashier to get in trouble
    4) I want them to know I'm there to get good honest deals :0)

    Although not being able to use a BOGO coupon on a BOGO sale anymore is going to suck.....and not being able to use 2 coupons on a bogo is going to suck more....it's still an awesome place to shop :0)

    P.s. did you get some Free K.C. masterpiece bbq sauce at Safeway?....I'm planning to send dh to the store on his way to work and back ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did get my free bbq sauce! I just got back from Safeway and got a couple last minute straggler coupon items. :) I also did one of my Viva Rainchecks from a couple weeks ago. Somehow it printed a $5 Cat instead of the $4 Cat for buying 2. I was so happy. I would have done it again with my last Raincheck but I didn't have anymore doubles with me. Booo! That's what I get for not being prepared. Haha.

    I'm headed to Canby this week. I might try my luck at Rite Aid. Thanks for all the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Walgreens today and the first aid kits were buy one get one 50% off. The price was 1.79 making both free with the pull tag from Safeway...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess w/ Coupon MolallaMay 31, 2011 at 3:58 PM

    Thanks Mary! I'm headed there tomorrow so maybe I'll grab them there instead. :)

    ReplyDelete