6.02.2011

Safeway Deals June 1st-7th

At first I wasn't excited about this Buy 8 Mix & Match Sale.  After all, some of the prices after the discount aren't as low as they go on a regular sale week.  After going in this morning I have changed my tune.  This promotion combined with the $10/$50 coupon is going to be great.  Half the store is on promotion and there are tons of coupon match ups.  I even found an abundance of peelies & blinkies around the store.  My plan is to get my $10/$50 coupon (mine comes on Friday) then do a big trip.  I always like the $10/$50 coupon so I don't have to deal with doubles!

Here are a couple match ups I noticed today.  Prices reflect the after 8 mix & match $.50 off:

Rozoni Garden Delight Pasta $1.49
use $1/1 Rozoni Garden Delight from 5/15 SS
us a double coupon
Price:  Free

Dole Fruit Cups (Parfaits & Fruit in Gel are included) $1.99
use $.50/2 Dole Fruit in Cup or $.50/2 Dole Parfaits 5/15 SS
(there are tons of Dole coupons out there)
use a double coupon
Price:  $1.25 ea. when you buy 2

Hefty One Zip Bags $1.49
use $1/2 Hefty One Zip (sorry, can't remember date but it was in May)
use a double
Price:  $.75 each when you buy 2

Seattle's Best Coffee $6.49
use $1/1 Seattle's Best Blinkie Coupon (can't double)
or use $1/1 Seattle's Best 12 oz. 4/10 SS
use a double coupon
Price:  As low as $4.99 ea.

Cheetos $1.79
use $1/2 Cheetos store peelie
use a double coupon
Price:  $1.04 ea. when you buy 2

Gillette Body Wash $2.99
use $2/1 Gillette Body Wash Coupon 5/15 RP
use a double coupon
Price:  $.49
There is a B1G1 coupon for Gillette Body Wash coming in this week's Sunday P&G insert.  I'm not sure if you can combine that with the $2/1 coupon to make it $.49 for 2.

Beggin Strips $2.49
load the Just for U $2 coupon for Beggin Strips
Price:  $.49

Here are some of the peelies & blinkies I found through out the store.  Some are old and some are new.  I got tired of looking for them and stopped keeping track.  My kids were done shopping. :)

$1/2 Purina Dog Snacks (Beggin Strips, Beneful Snackin Slices, T Bonz, Busy Bone) peelie on the Beggin Strips

$1/2 Dole Fruit Crisps (they are currently priced at $2 ea.) (blinkie)

$.75/1 La Creme Coffee Creamer (cooler section).  I THINK they were priced at $2.49 each so they would be $1.75 - can't double them. (tearpad)

$1.00 off any meat with the purchase of 2 Weber Products (tearpad)
$.35 off 1 Weber Seasoning, 1 Weber Grinder or 2 Weber Marinade Packets (tearpad)

Lastly, I used the last of my Viva rainchecks.  Sad, I loved getting the Viva Paper towels for $1 for a six pack.  For some reason I kept getting a $5 Catalina for buying 2 6-packs instead of the $4 Catalina I should have gotten.  It says that right on the CAT.  Oh well, I'll take it!

Happy shopping all and feel free to share your scores with the Buy 8 Mix & Match Promotion!

16 comments:

  1. I hope they still have the $1.00 off any meat with the purchase of 2 Weber Products! I made a raincheck at Albertson's and pre ordered 15 Weber Seasonings (free after coupon;0) for this Sunday....I could double the $1 off meat to $2 :0)

    Hey Jess, Where can I get the $10 of $50 Safeway coupons? When do they come out and how long are they valid for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great deal on Meat! It's so hard to find meat coupons. I have one of the coupons I won't be using if you need another.

    I get my $10 off $50 purchase from the Tillamook Headlight Herald (my hometown). I think I pay $36 a year but I get 12 of the $10 coupons so it's totally worth it. I believe the Tuesday Food Day/Oregonian includes one as well as the Molalla Pioneer. I haven't bought them myself but that's what I gather from other Safeway shoppers. I'm going to sign up for the new promotion for the Tuesday & Sunday paper. They advertise it as an Oregonian Super-Saver Subscription for $.99 a week. That's a great deal!

    So back to the Safeway coupons...they always comes out the first week of the month. For June I got it on the 1st (my paper comes on on Wed.) but others actually got it on May 31st. July should hit on the 5th & 6th. It always lasts a week and corresponds with Safeway's deal week (Wed-Tues). Hope that helps & hopefully there's something to write about this week for Safeway. I've been getting great deals at Target & Walgreens but nothing to speak of at Safeway. :)

    On a side note, our Safeway makes it easy to use the $10 coupon. Total must be over $50 before you use Mfg coupons but after in-ad coupons & club card are used. I've been using this coupon for years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually always do small transactions at Safeway so I could use my doubles....so I never really thought the $10 off $50 was that great of a deal....but after thinking about it...I feel like I totally missed out.
    I had a bunch of those Nivea Lip coupons(free without a double)...I should have special ordered(not sure why I didn't think of that earlier) which would have gone towards my $50 purchase....then bought some meat or veggies for the rest of my $50.

    I'm saving all my "free" coupons for safeway.
    cottonelle wipes
    glade coupon
    sweet potatoe fries
    etc.
    I think those would work great at reaching my $50 mark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, always use the free coupons and buy meat with the $10 coupon. I also use it as a doubler. Meaning $10 equals 20 double coupons so I don't have to make a bazillion trips to Safeway that week. Plus you still get your regular 4 doubles with that transaction. There are a couple things you can't use the coupon on and I think they are milk (liquid dairy including yogurt), alcohol and fuel. It works great for things like the Hallmark Card promotion as well. I think I paid $6 out of pocket on the cards to get the $5 CAT and free purse caddy. So many possibilities! Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost forgot, I was talking to a cashier about the coupon last week and she said they always do more deals at the beginning of the month to go with the coupon. Meat is usually on sale B1G1 that week. There are always a couple other coupons with the $10/$50 coupon but I don't usually use them. I don't care for the Safeway Chicken Breasts and that coupon is usually included.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll give it a try next month! I'm really loving Albertsons right now.

    Are you taking advantage of their gift card promo? I love it! We are going to remodel a little...so Home Depot is a place where we will be spending a lot of $$.....I bought a couple of $100 Home Depot Gift Cards and got $40 in catalinas ($20 each)....I think I'm going to buy at least 10 more and really stock up our fridge with fresh and frozen veggies.....and some meat.........Then I plan on using 10% off coupons at Home Depot to stretch those gift cards a bit more :D .........the promotion couldn't have come at a better time :0) Oh and I might buy a $100 amazon card. I usually buy christmas gifts on amazon anyway....might as well get $20 in groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just started shopping at Albertson's. It's just so out of the way for me. I got to O.C. That's a great deal though. I need to do more research and figure them out! Thanks for the heads up. I'm actually headed to Canby so I figured I'd check out their Safeway while I'm there. I'm hoping they have more of their produce magazines in stock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is out of the way, but I try to make my trips worth it. I order in advance and get rainchecks (even if I don't have a coupon)
    Here is what should be waiting for me Sunday:

    22 free emeralds breakfast to go (should have been 37, but 15 coupons are going to expire Sat :(

    15 free Rhodes warm and serve rolls
    30 ( $0. 29 for each 2) Purina beggin strips.
    20 free KC Masterpiece bbq Free (plus I'm going to use my $2 off pork ribs with kc purchase)
    15 free Weber seasonings (plus $1 off meat with purchase of 2 weber seasonings)
    15 free garden delight pasta
    15 free oscar mayer cracker combos
    20 free oscar mayer hot dogs
    30 free betty crocker suddenly pasta salad
    10 free Kraft deli Deluxe Cheese
    16 free Ken's steakhouse salad dressing
    and I didn't pre order this because I don't know if my coupons will come on time......but if they do I'll get some dole salad blend 0.50.....or at least get a raincheck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S....I made a raincheck for 40 emeralds breakfast to go for $1.99......if you have any coupons that you were able to print and didn't use....I'd be more than happy to buy them for you.....just need to know in advance so I can change my order :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, good for you. I've never done a pre-order and honestly don't know how. I don't know how to organize a trip, buy coupons or who to call to pre-order. Apparently I need to start! Haha. I don't have any of the Emeralds Breakfast coupons. Wish I did!

    Looks like you need to give us all a lesson on pre-ordering at Albertson's. That makes it way more worth the drive. I mostly wish I had the Beggin Strips for our dog. He loves those! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Preordering is super easy.

    By wednesday the ads are posted online and most blogs have deals up already.

    I make my list.... gather my coupons and call Albertsons Wednesday (you can probably even call Thurs-Friday and get your order before the sale ends).

    I start my convo like this, "Hi, I'd like to place a special order"....they either take my order or transfer me to someone else.

    It's nice to have everything waiting for you :0)

    If you want a specific flavor you need to have that info too.

    I usually just tell them to mix match or put whatever flavor (I'm not picky).

    They usually call me Saturday to let me know my order is ready :0)

    BUT! The last time....someone screwed up.....they confirmed my order, but when I got there most the stuff was missing....that's why this trip is soo big (2 weeks worth of shopping....actually emerald's to go were from the last last sale)....


    If I don't have a coupon....I jot it down on my list and *hope* it's sold out when I get to the store so that I can get a raincheck :0)....then special order that item for the next time there are doublers(and when I get my coupons;0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Molly, I just had a thought. Not sure if you got the Albertson's Fresh Summertime Fun coupon books but they have STORE coupons included for meat products. They might work with your meat purchases for additional $ off. Here's what I have for store coupons: $2 off 2 or more 1 lb. ground beef, $3 off $15 purchase of Stockman & Dakota premium Angus Beef.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't get that coupon book....but might go there today. Hopefully, I can find one.

    I was going to take dd10 shopping at Justice for girs to use up her $25 off $50 cards......but will pick up a $100 Justice gift card at Albertson's first :0) ($20 catalina).....then shop the clearance....I think I'm going to get some super cheap clothes today :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got my coupon books from West Linn. Oregon City was out right away. I have extra of the meat coupons if you need them. Now that I know you're in the "neighborhood"!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can trade with beggin' strips ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just sent you an email :0)

    ReplyDelete