6.18.2011

Stricter Rules on Couponing? Most Likely!!

For some reason all the coupon sites out there are not willing to admit that the new TLC Extreme Couponing show has made an impact on our couponing habits/abilities/patience.  I don't fully understand it being that I have definitely noticed stricter coupon policies, grumpier cashiers (can you blame them?  really??) and less stock on hand.  Yes, some of it is simply more people couponing but it's also more uninformed people trying to coupon (always know your store's coupon policy before you go).  This combined with some pretty ingenious people coming up with new ways to save has left the stores & coupon companies reeling.

Finally, here is a coupon site that is willing to admit that all these changes are most likely a direct result of the show.  I'm not bad mouthing the show...at all.  I've seen it once and it wasn't really my thing.  I'm just happy someone has finally decided to post about it.  They also posted some pretty interesting changes that are currently taking place as well as some that may or may not take effect in the future.  Check it out at:

http://www.whosaidnothinginlifeisfree.com/2011/06/yet-another-reason-to-hate-the-tlc-extreme-couponing-show

Sorry, you'll have to cut and paste into your browser.

4 comments:

  1. I've never actually watched the show....other than a few clips on youtube.
    I do notice stricter rules and everytime I hear complaints about cashiers not doing things the right way....it's usually the couponer that's misinformed on the store's policy or did not read their coupon.......example $1/3 and customer buying 3 items and trying to use 3 coupons..........occasionally there are cashiers that are misinformed too......but I think new couponers have really high expectations and get dissappointed when things didn't turn out like they expected. I actually noticed better stock (at least at Albertsons) Not sure if more people are preordering or if they are getting a heads up on the deals). I still sometimes misread the coupons. LOL.....and I've been doing this for 4 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess w/ Coupon MolallaJune 18, 2011 at 10:37 AM

    Molly, you are exactly right. Sometimes it's the couponer and sometimes it's the cashier that's uninformed. That's why I haven't done the jump to RiteAid just yet. I have to learn their policy inside out before I go there.

    I've seen so many posts on coupon sites where people wrote about how mad they were at stores because their deal didn't work out. Some even talk about how they demanded certain things. Seriously people, it's just couponing. I get disappointed at times too but I move one to the next deal. $.50 isn't worth hating a store over (or making myself look like a horse's backside)! Haha. And yes, I still misread coupons from time to time. I started in January but really got going in March when I had some inserts accumulated. I'm so happy I accumulated a decent stockpile before the show started. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little bit of kindness towards the cashier goes a long way! Most of the cashiers tell me they wish most couponers were as easy as me.
    At walmart the cashier said, "Sweety, as long as you have that smile on your face I have no problem with coupons"

    I feel so bad for some of the cashiers. They do have to deal with a lot of demanding couponers. When they don't get their way, they cause a scene, hold up the line. Then call corporate and complain. Occasionally those complaints are justified, but not always.


    I did have a few bad cashiers when I first started. It wasn't their fault when they were not trained with their policy.....but now it's super easy. If I have a problem and I KNOW I'm right....I'll try to explain it as nicely as possible, but with the constant policy changes, I'm not 100% sure on a policy and won't push for something and look like an idiot. LOL
    If it doesn't work out I just tell them that's o'kay and put it back. It's not the end of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess w/ Coupon MolallaJune 18, 2011 at 3:41 PM

    I'm with you Molly, I'm with you...

    ReplyDelete