5.20.2011

Updated: Safeway Savings 5/18 - 5/24

Not much going on at our Safeway this week that hasn't already been blogged about on other sites.  Here are two things I did find while shopping this morning:

Viva Paper Towel 6-Pack Catalina is NOT printing when you buy 2 or more.  I went to customer service and got my $4 refund.  They kept my Viva Catalina "advertisement" that did print so they could call the Catalina company and see what's going on.  Hopefully this issue is resolved soon!  My daughter has dance class tomorrow morning so I told the Customer Service gal I would check back in with her after class.  I'll post my findings when I get home.

Update 5/21/11 - I went in and talked to customer service today about the Viva CAT to see if it was printing yet.  She wasn't sure so she went in back to find 2 of them to ring up.  Unfortunately, there are none left in the entire store!  I decided to just get 2 rain checks each good for 2 Viva 6-packs.  I'll try my luck when the sale is over and the chaos over the paper towels has subsided.  

We finally have the Nivea Lip Balm in stock at our Safeway.  I noticed them on the $.99 display by the pharmacy counter & meat area.  If you haven't used your $2/2 printables or your $1/1 from All You Magazine, now is your chance!

Did you find any deals I missed?  Please post them!

11 comments:

  1. I'll try tomorrow. Thank you for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi-just saw your link on frugalliving (I too have been checking to see if this is working yet-I am in the Hillsboro area & it looks like mostly it isn't here yet. Seems like it is in California).
    Wanted to let you know-that I too like frugallivingnw (first learned from her a little more than a year ago) & krazycouponlady and check them most every day.
    I have a friend in Molalla, so I am going to let her know about you too! I think it is helpful to know about your local stores-great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting. I was at the Molalla Safeway yesterday morning and couldn't find the Nivea. I was in Canby too and totally forgot to check. I hope I get to use up my coupons :0)
    I usually do my coupon shopping while my girls are in dance class :D

    Also wondering which coupons did you use for the Viva.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome! I'm excited to see people are finding this site.

    Anonymous #1, Thanks for referring your friend here. I need all the input and help I can get from other Molalla Ladies (and Gents)!

    Anonymous #2, I found the Nivea on the top shelf of one of the shelving racks that float between the pharmacy and the main aisles. I wonder if they are sold out already. Now that I think about it, there wasn't even a hang tag on them (they are that new). They are blue but either way, ask for a Raincheck. Canby sold out and didn't restock until the sale was over last time. As for the Viva, I used the coupons from the Albertson's book. It's a mfg coupon so Safeway accepted it. I had to get mine from the West Linn Albertson's since Oregon City was out. Luckily I had an errand out that way! Btw, there are many great mfg coupons in the book so it's worth stopping if you are in the area. West Linn had a large display with tons of them right when you walk in the door. I was actually leaving when I noticed them by the candy machines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gas is so expensive......but If I happen to be passing by an Albertsons, I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Molly ~ I KNOW! Gas prices are part of the reason I started this. I just can't get to all the stores anymore so I'm trying to keep it local as much as possible. If I happen to get in that way I'll pick up a couple extras for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! I'll see if I can find something to trade with you. Anything you looking for? Are you shopping at Albertson's this weekend?
    I only like the Oregon City one at night. Love the Wilsonville store :0)

    I wish we had a Riteaid nearby (my favorite store)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't done much at Riteaid. I need to start. They seem to be more coupon friendly than Walgreens. I think we should start a coupon exchange on here some how. I usually can get good deals on my favorite products so I have coupons I...gasp...throw away!

    I think I've conversed with you before on the other coupon sites. I'm Jess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You don't shop at Riteaid!?? Love that store! With their $3/$15 survey coupons...I keep making money. You don't have to worry about getting fillers or not using it on a certain product.
    I have a box of expired coupons that I'm getting ready to ship off to military families.
    Yup, I've seen you on FLNW :0) and I've probably seen you out and about shopping.....or if you take your kids to dolce, chances are you've seen me there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Riteaid is sounding better and better. Yes, we're Dolce Dancers. I also work out there. Love that place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I'm the one that goes there 6 days a week with my 3 girls. I think my girls probably do zumba at the same time your daughter does dance Saturday morning :0) But they are at grandma's today.

    ReplyDelete